This is the main time when the entire body of
Christ at Bethlehem joins together for worship from 11:00 a.m. until
12:15 p.m. Here is a typical order for the worship service:
- Preparation for Praise, which is music
played by our Organist and Pianist to prepare our hearts and minds for
- The candles on the altar are lit at this
time by the acolytes to symbolize the presence of the Holy Spirit with
us in worship.
- The Choir or Special Music is sung to
call us to worship.
- A welcome and opening prayer is led by
one of our Deacons.
- We sing a congregational hymn of
adoration and praise to God.
- One of our Deacons announces the various
opportunities for ministry and worship that are coming up.
- We sing another congregational hymn in
preparation for giving our tithes and offerings.
- As we worship through giving, the choir
sings special music called an offertory.
- The tithes and offering are then brought
to the altar, which symbolizes giving them back to God, and we sing a
song of praise to God thanking him for his many blessings followed
by a prayer of thanksgiving.
- The children (K-5th) take part in a
special message before they head to Children's Church.
- We then spend a few moments thanking God
for his blessings and bringing our requests and concerns to Him in
- The Scripture text is read aloud.
- One of our pastors then shares a message
- We then close the service by singing a
hymn and allowing time for people to respond to the preaching of the
Word and how God may be speaking to them during the service.